Either if you already have a website or if you are working on one, you should think of making it Google friendly. We are talking here mainly about website development and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Just learning some basics and implementing that on your website will make a radical change. If you are a blogger, keep an eye out, these tips will be especially useful for your WordPress development.
Find below some tips by Digital Marketing Agency:
Tip # 1: Know how to get Google’s attention
The more SEO-centered your blog or website is, the more attention it will receive from Google. If your site receives attention from Google, it will appear higher in the search engine rankings. This seems to be a no-brainer, but a lot of people take appearing on a Google Search for granted when in reality there are some steps you need to follow.
Why is it important to be seen by Google?
• People see your business first when they search for related keywords on Google.
• If people are more likely to see your webpage, they will also be more likely to click on it and land on your site.
• You get free traffic.
• Most of your traffic will actively be looking for information on your site, and therefore there are high chances they will take action.
If you are fairly new to website development or WordPress development, check Google’s SEO Starter Guide. Learning how to use Google and other search engines in your favor is fundamental for the growth of your website. Even if you are not going to do all the work by yourself, it is important that you do know the basics before hiring, for example, a WordPress development team.
Tip # 2: Consistently add useful content to your site
You don’t just have to have a blog. You have to have a good blog. And we really mean it. Google is now focusing on content that is significant to what people search for. Before recommending blog posts, articles, or videos on their search results, they run an algorithm that checks whether you offer an actually immersive experience to their users. In order to be considered a good fit for a search result you need to take care of the following:
• Post regularly if you have a blog (which you should!)
• Post quality content.
• Avoid filler text like the plague.
• Complete the meta description for your blog or webpage.
• Keep in mind your human audience when you structure your content to be Google-friendly.
If you are not acquainted with these terms, you should know that with “meta description” we refer to a very short site description, which should ideally include at least one keyword. This short text is the one that appears below the link to your website in the search results. Writing a good meta description will lead more people to your website since it is a little snippet of what they will find inside.
Tip # 3: Take care of SEO details
It is important that you do not only focus on having content but also that every detail on your website is taken care of. There is “hidden information” on every website that is not normally visible to your audience. However, when Google crawls your site, this information is visible for them (internal linking, keywords, alt text). As a result, you have to make sure your “hidden information” is there for Google to crawl it.
How do you do that?
• Work on internal linking (content should be linked among different pages on your site).
• Include keywords in your content – but don’t force them!
• Use the “alt text” function to describe the content of the images or photos on your webpage (this can make your pictures show up on an image search).
Remember that optimizing your content is vital. Even if you hire a website development team to do the job for you, make sure to check they work in all three aspects we have mentioned.
Tip # 4: Find the appropriate keywords
We have repeatedly mentioned keywords. They are vital for optimizing your site and making it SEO friendly. Keywords are vital if you want your SEO efforts to be fruitful.
But how do you know which keywords to use?
• Find out which phrases people use for their searches.
• Use Google Trends to compare search strings.
• Use Google SEO tools, such as their Search Console.
Google offers numerous guides and tools for webmasters who want to optimize their websites or blogs. They have tools for experts and newbies alike. Make sure to check them out if you are going to be working on your own to optimize your pages.
Tip #5: Be prepared for change
You don’t optimize your blog or website on one night and then forget about it. It is an ongoing task. Google is constantly changing its algorithm, and competitors are also optimizing their own webpage in order to rank higher on a search. Do not fall for traps. There is no magic trick that will make your page automatically rank higher. And if there were, it would be rapidly found by Google and your webpage would be penalized.
How can you be ready for a change?
• Stick to the basics. Search Engine Optimization might be constantly changing, but a firm foundation is key.
• Stay updated and do research on users’ behavior.
• Be consistent in posting useful content.
It is important for website developers and bloggers to learn about SEO and how to make their websites Google friendly. Owning a blog or a website can seem easy at first, but if you really want it to show its true potential there is a lot of work you have to put in. The positive aspect is that all your effort will be compensated, and if you do SEO right, you will see a great influx of traffic to your website. We hope that these five tips have proven useful for you and wish you luck in your future endeavors!